Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm back!

We have had 6 good days in a row, and I am feeling inspired to get back on here now and start recording some of the things that are happening in our lives....
I feel sad saying this, but I couldn't think of anything very positive to say the past couple of months....I am not saying that my life is a mess and everything is horrible.....I have SO much to be thankful for, and I am!!! I am just saying, that the main purpose of this blog was to record the details of this adoption, and I couldn't bring myself to just sit here and type out all the negative things that were happening and all the discouraging feelings that I was feeling in my heart. I dumped all of that on my husband, the Lord, and my family every day....I didn't want to type it all out too. It has been hard.....right now even as I type, I keep "backspacing" and starting sentences over and over again, because it is hard to put into words what I feel. I am not sure who is going to be reading this, and so many things said or explained can be taken the wrong way by people who have not been in this exact situation. This is yet another reason why I have decided that this blog will only be to share the joys in great detail and only touch on the negatives vaguely.
Once again I was taken to the place that God wants us to be....in FULL reliance of Him. I was praying every day, and I thought I was letting God take control, but looking back now, my prayers were clouded with mixed emotions and intentions. I broke down last week....I surrendered....I needed peace and confidence..... Throwing all of this in His lap has done that for me. Not only do I have peace and confidence, Hailu has had 6 good days in a row!!! This is HUGE!! Issues have come up throughout the day, but he has responded well and seems to be "getting over" things pretty quickly. Things that put him in a HORRIBLE mood for hours before, are now only causing a short pouting session. We are FINALLY seeing progress and growth, and all the thanks goes to God! I know that we haven't "arrived" yet, but at least for now, we are getting a break from the stress and God is allowing us the gift of a happy, pleasant child. God has also placed the right people at the right time in my life.....my recent conversation with a friend who has been through the same things, had a big impact on my outlook also. Thanks so much Traci!
Now that things have been so positive, I have wanted to venture out and do some fun things with the boys. Here is a glimpse of some of the fun we have had recently.




4 comments:

  1. Whoa...both of us posting about surrendering...hmmmm...yours was Tuesday--Mine was tonight...WOW..He really knows what He's doing~~

    Love seeing Hailu being silly! So fun! And we all know how fun Isaac is already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for updating the old bloggity blog :) Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this update! And did you make that injera?????? I am so jealous if you can make that! Mine is just lousy :( But, George very sweetly keeps saying, "It's OK Momma, you try!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad things are starting to get better. I think of you guys often and will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete