Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not much to say....

There isn't much to tell, other than we know now that the document has been submitted to the embassy for review. It remains to be seen whether or not this particular document will be acceptable to them. If not, we will have to continue to wait until something is created that WILL be acceptable. We have our amazing, wonderful, friend at Todd Platts (our state rep) office working with us now to try to expedite the decision. Today she reached contact with the embassy in Ethiopia, but there was still some confusion on their part, so tomorrow we are hoping some things will be cleared up. Since Ethiopia is 7 hours ahead, there is only a short window of time when they can be reached during their office hours.
I am feeling confident and absolutely at peace with however God chooses to work this out, but I am feeling sad at the same time. It is so hard to explain how I am feeling, because it is so strange to even me at times when I think about how much I love Hailu, when we haven't even met him yet. God has put this intense love in our hearts for him.......he is our son.....I miss him.....I want to hug and kiss him, laugh with him, play with him, teach him, comfort him......I want him home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying Rebekah and I'm encouraged by your faithful trust in God's timing...and I'm welled up with tears for you as I read the last paragraph (knowing and sharing a lot of what you're feeling right now). He'll be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck. I am on my knees before God knowing that His will is best but yet begging him to bring your sweet boy home sooner rather than later. The aching in my heart doesn't even compare to what you are going through as the mommy. You are an amazing woman and the best mom I know. We are doing battle with you in prayer and want you to know that we love you and would do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete