Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The court date is set!!


  On April 27th 2010 , somewhere in the city of Addis Ababa our court hearing will be taking place!  We just got word yesterday....although it is a crazy story, because I emailed our case manager just to see if anything new was going on...I hadn't heard anything for several weeks and I was so curious.....we were wondering why we hadn't gotten a court date yet.  Well, she emailed me back and said that nothing new was going on except for waiting for the outcome of our court case on Tuesday April 27th!  I was shocked !  Court on Tuesday?!!!  I didn't even know we had a court date!  So, I immediately emailed her back and expressed my excitement, but also told her that I never knew until now!  She called me right away, AND emailed me to tell me that her and Emily B. had both emailed me 2 weeks ago!!  They forwarded me the emails that were sent.....I have no idea why, but they never came through in my email account....I know I didn't just miss them or accidentally delete them, because I have been obsessed with checking for this announcement...I wouldn't have passed over it.  Those of you that are adoptive parents, KNOW what I mean.....any time you see an email from someone from your agency you are anxious to open it up and see what they have to say!!  For whatever reason, the emails didn't come through then, but I am glad we know now!
Now we have less than a week to wait!  It is hard to believe that after next Tuesday he could officially be our son!  My heart literally aches with excitement when I think of how close we are to going to pick him up and bring him home!  All I can do is just praise God and thank Him for what He has done this past year throughout this whole process!  So many lives changed and touched just from one simple adoption....and he isn't even home yet!  God works in amazing ways and I feel so privileged that He has chosen to use our family to do this amazing thing for Him and this child.  My heart's strong desire and my sincere prayer has been that we continue to follow Him and what He would have us do and say.     
One more thing before I end this and get started on my day.....Anya also sent his measurements yesterday.  We immediately pulled out the measuring tape and began to compare his measurements to Isaac's.  He is the EXACT same height now, exact same leg and arm length, his waist is a little bigger than Isaac's and his foot is one inch larger? (not sure if he had a shoe on when they measured his foot)......and his chest was exactly the same as Isaac's!  He was weighing 2-4 pounds less than Isaac, and now is 3 pounds more than him!  We couldn't believe it!  We thought it was so funny how similiar they are going to be!  I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Hip-hip- horray! So glad you emailed and found out about the court date! Get all your prayer warriors up and ready to pray the night before - and count me among them. George and I will be sure to say a prayer as we go to bed that H will soon be with his forever family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! So excited to see what this day brings for you..... can't wait to hear the great news!!!

    ReplyDelete