Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

When my dad was preaching today, I found myself wanting to cry several times.....cry for joy that God has chosen ME to choose HIM and that my eyes have been opened to the truth that IS!   Also, I felt sad and my heart ached for those that just don't "get it" or those that are selfishly choosing to ignore the very One who gives them breathe.  People saw Jesus with their own eyes....the many miracles He performed and most importantly, many witnessed that He indeed did resurrect from the dead!  There has never been anyone, or anything like the story of Him that has held fast and true, and spread worldwide throughout the years.  I have seen Him change many lives, and I KNOW that He has changed mine!  I am so thankful that I can celebrate in confidence that I am His and He is mine!
After church we hurried home to let the dogs out and then head over to Mike's Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner.  Isaac was bummed that his cousin's Yana and Val wouldn't be with us this year, but he ended up having a great time.  We all did!  The food was great, the conversation was wonderful, and it was a beautiful sunny day!  
Ethiopia celebrated Easter today also....apparantly this doesn't happen very often....our calendars lined up for Easter this year.  I hope our little man had a wonderful day there as well!  I can't wait to have him with us next year!
In the pictures below, you will see Isaac letting their dog lead the way as he looked for eggs....she was sniffing them out the whole time!  It was really funny and cute.....so he didn't have his cousins to do the egg hunt with, but he had Sandy. :) 
Coconut Layer Cake I made: Recipe was from America's Test Kitchen Ron and Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment