Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another "connection" made!

What a big suprise yesterday to receive these photos of Hailu!! We JUST put this small package together a couple of weeks ago and sent it off....and to now see him looking at it all, half-way across the world, is so crazy to me! We are so blessed and thankful to the Lord for the constent gift of monthly updates and photos of him....it is truly something that I have learned NOT to take for granted! I LOVE getting these pictures especially because , after seeing his expressions, and knowing that he has seen everything we sent, I feel like another "connection" has been made. It is all we have right now....pictures, letters and a few videos....but it is SOMETHING at least. At least he will be familiar with what we look like and knows now from our letters that we love him and that we are so excited to meet him!!


In the photos below, he is opening up one of those musical cards....I think he really liked it, judging from his smile.


I wonder what he is thinking about as he looks at these photos of us.....I think that in the photo in the middle he looks like he is JUST looking at Mike.....maybe not, but if so, I wonder if he is thinking about how he now has a Dad..... When I pointed this out to Mike, he had a HUGE smile on his face....


It is so hard for me to believe that we will soon be traveling to bring him home to our family! It feels like a dream sometimes to me. I have to say, that this is a similiar feeling to when I was pregnant with Isaac.....we had gone through a lot and after thinking that I may not ever have a baby, to finally be pregnant was surreal! I am so thankful to God for the challenges and hard times that He has allowed us to experience along the way to each of our boys. We have grown closer to Him and I think that we appreciate the gift of these boys much more than if we hadn't experienced some of these things. He ALWAYS knows best! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

  1. Seeing these pictures just puts a huge smile on my face... God is so good.. and His plans for us are just amazing..... You are all very blessed.. can't wait to hear when you will be traveling to pick up your son!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got another set of pictures...those updates kept me hanging on until travel days.

    ReplyDelete