Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Delay or no delay?.....that is the big question!



I have waited several days to update everyone on here for a couple of reasons.....I needed to de-stress a little first, and also I was busy trying to get this small mess cleaned up. I am not going to go into all the details here online, because the whole thing can't be properly explained without going into some things that are very personal for Hailu.
Basically the U.S. Embassy physician has decided that Hailu is MUCH older than what everyone else thinks he is. Therefore, our original paperwork must be changed before we can get travel approval.
I panicked at first and even shed some tears, but the Lord is faithful and so good......I think it is all going to be o.k. now. We got an adendum from our home study provider and Mike called our state representatives office......I went there, filled out a form and faxed them our adendum and they are working on getting things expedited with a connection that they have in Washington DC! They have been amazing there! I also had the adendum overnighted to USCIS. Now the big question is.....will this cause a big delay or not? Everyone seems to think that it should be a quick fix....we will see!
I have to admit that I was so frustrated and disappointed to get a call on Wednesday, thinking it was our "travel approval call"....only to get this news. I will just say one thing on here about this issue......We absolutely agree that Hailu very well COULD be 2 to 3 years older than we originally thought, but not 5 or 6! I think this was a DEFINITE overestimation for many reasons.....we have our theories on why this may have been done, but at this point we really don't know for sure....Mike and I just are baffled. Also, at this point it is completely IRRELEVANT......we just need to get this paperwork changed, get that travel approval, and get OUR SON home!!!!
I am praying that all goes well this next week and we can still make that 29th embassy appointment! God knows all that is happening ,and He loves us and Hailu, and this is what brings peace in these times. I am so thankful for the people that worked so hard for us this week and got things done so fast.....this was a true blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Love your most recent post!!! YES WE WANT HAILU HOME!!!! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you. It sounds crazy-it seems like it should be so much simpler. You have a loving home, Hailu needs a loving home, makes sense to me. Hang in there I'm sure it can get disheartening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know we are all praying for you here. I have asked George so many times about his relathionship with Hailu, and he always says they were friends before the orphanage and slept together in the bush under the stars. I asked him if Hailu was like an older brother, and he said yes.

    ReplyDelete