Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summertime


I know that many of you check my blog to see updates about our adoption process.....sorry to say, there isn't any new developements yet. In the meantime, I will share some other things that we have been up to.
We got a membership to a pool this year, along with my sister-in-law and Isaac's cousins. Although it has been alot more crowded than we had anticipated, the price of membership was amazing and the kids are having fun being able to swim several times a week. We noticed that there are several adoptive families there every day too....It was so encouraging for me to see this....I am hoping this will be encouraging for Hailu also, if he is home in time to enjoy the pool with us.


Isaac and Lucas (his cousin) made muffins for the first time without any help from me. I put them in the oven and took them out, but they did the rest! I was so proud of them and the muffins tasted great! The video I am posting is just a little taste of how cute they were with it all.

We have picked strawberries, we had crabs on Father's Day (Mike's FAVORITE!), and we have spent some really good times with family and great friends! Summertime is in full-swing, and I am loving it! Now we just need our other sweet little boy home to share all this fun with us!

Isaac picking crabs by himself for the first time.....he was so proud of himself and he announced that he now LOVES crabs and rootbeer together! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment