Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Misiker met Hailu!

Once again God gave us an amazing gift!
During these last few weeks while we have been waiting, some days have been so hard. I find myself checking my email way more often than I used to, and carrying the phone and or my cell phone everywhere with me.....just waiting for something....anything about Hailu....
Yesterday, the first time I checked my email there was a big suprise waiting for me! Our friend Misiker just arrived in Ethiopia the other day....he is doing some work there for the ministry he is involved in. There was a tentative arrangement for him to meet Hailu while he was there....information exchanged with staff and guidelines and restrictions voiced....but we weren't absolutely sure he was going to be able to meet with him.
When I read the title to his email, my heart began to beat really fast and I couldn't read fast enough. He met with him and he said that Hailu was told that he was coming, and came to him with big smiles and a big hug! His email was short and I am sure he will fill me in with more details later, but here is a little snip from his email:

I showed him the pictures you gave me and he was so happy to see you all again on the pictures. I asked him if he has any message for you and here is what he said:
How are you dad and mom? I long to see you soon. When are you coming to get me? I hope I will see you before long. I just want you to know I love you very much.
Isn't that just so sweet ?!!
There aren't any words than can express the joy this brought to our hearts! We are so thankful that our friend was able to wrap his arms around our son, spend time with him, and talk to him about us and the weeks to come in his language. There are so many things that we knew Misiker could explain to him in Amharic that we won't be able to when we get there. It brings me peace to know that someone we love and trust, that also has grown to love Hailu, was there to do this. What an amazing gift from God!

1 comment: