Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Little Miracles

I was reading in Luke this morning....Luke 8:22-25....This section was Luke's account of what happened when Jesus calmed the storm. Luke says that they were all afraid and amazed and asked eachother "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him."
For some reason that last line made my heart "skip" and gave me "butterflies" in my stomach this morning when I read it. I felt so excited and proud that I serve a God who could do something like that! I have a personal relationship with HIM!!! ~ I have heard this story so many times throughout my life, and even read it several times, but for whatever reason today it really touched me......maybe it is because of all the little miracles that God has been performing in my life recently.
I decided to see what Matthew and Mark had to say about this miracle they witnessed when they were with Jesus.....The way they explained the story was slightly different because of thier different personalities coming through..... but at the end of the story they all said the same thing, they were afraid and astonished at what they had just witnessed! Wouldn't you be?? With one command the storm just stopped! I bet they were standing there with their mouths open and eyes wide!
Ok, so the things that have happened in my life may not seem to everyone else as miraculous as this, but I can promise you, that for me, they are! Over this past year especially, I can tell you that there have been MANY times that I have been standing with my mouth open and eyes wide in amazement! I am not sure if I have said this before on here, but I have never had a time in my life where God has answered my prayers SO SPECIFICALLY and has given me SO many blessings over and over again! Little miracles and little gifts that we don't deserve....that He gives us because He loves us.....amazing! Sometime I will have to share some of the stories and experiences in detail.....
Our current, "little miracle"..... Love this boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment