Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's not "time" yet.....

I have gotten several emails and phone calls all wanting to know...."Did you hear anything yet?!"....So I guess I better update my blog to let everyone else know that are still wondering. (:
I have been sick the past couple of days and it has been an effort to do the normal day to day stuff...my head was too "cloudy" to put together any thoughts for a post.... Ok, so...... NO, unfortunately we haven't heard anything yet. Well, I say unfortunately, but I am not really upset that this means that this coming weekend is out, it is just unfortunate because I am so anxious to KNOW WHEN we are going! I truly AM ok with WHENEVER God wants us to go. He knows the best time for us and Hailu and although we are so excited to just get over there and bring him home, I definetely have confindence that God is in control and I am happy to give that control to Him!
When I was in Kindergarten and in first grade we used to carpool with another family for school. When it was the other mother's turn to pick us up from school, I remember that I couldn't wait to get home to see my mom! I remember that every time we would come in the door she would be doing some kind of cleaning with the music blaring, and a big smile on her face to greet us. Usually the music was The Maranatha Singers......Still to this day, those songs pop into my head all the time! She played them often and the words and melodies stuck....maybe it was the way she sang along or because they have fond memories attached to them....whatever the reason, I am glad to have these songs in my mind. They have helped calm me and reassure me in many situations! This morning as I thought about our current situation the song "In His Time" came to my mind. "In His time, In His time.....He makes all things beautiful, in His time.....Lord please show me everyday, as Your teaching me Your way, that You'll do just what You say, in Your time." I had to go on YouTube to see if the whole song was there....I listened to it and it brought back so many memories and the words were so good for me to hear right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment