Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Time to say good-bye

I have been dreading this day for about a year now.....Sampson is 14 and tomorrow we have decided that it is time to "put him down"....His health has been deteriorating for a couple of years now, he has multiple issues now.....I used to work at a vet clinic and witnessed many dogs coming in at the end of their life suffering and in a pathetic state of being, and it has been bad enough to watch Sam the past few months so uncomfortable...we decided that we should not delay the inevitable any longer, and do this now, before he gets to that absolutely pathetic state. My dad has been gracious enough to offer to do this for us...we just can't....
He has been such a good dog....smart, protective, affectionate, and VERY obedient....what more could we have asked for in a dog? It is going to be hard to say good-bye, but I know that this is what it best for Sam. He needs to go peacefully....not in a state of absolute pain and suffering. We will miss you so much Sam....we love you....


I took these pictures today....



6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Beck, for you and the guys. I feel the same way about Sam. He's by far the most endearing dog I've ever known and I'll miss him too. Thank God that he allows us to have some of His creations be such a close part of our lives, even if it's just for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my heart is breaking! I remember the day my family decided to put down our beloved dog, for she was in pain and had lived a full life. I am so sorry and will be keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becky-I'm so sorry, sad for you-praying for you.I never met a dog quite like sampson, what a great dog to your family.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, Samboni!!!!! Love you so much and will miss you even more....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sad Becky... he lived a great life with your family... and he knows he is loved. Thinking of you... I can't even imagine.... praying for you all....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all the love and support...I am doing much better now, but it was a really rough day. It is hard to believe he is gone...

    ReplyDelete