Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Appreciating the here and now...

I have really been missing our son the past few days.....
How can I miss him when I haven't even met him yet?  I am not really sure if this is something everyone would understand.....I can't explain the feeling any other way though.
We haven't received ANY new information in the past couple of weeks.  We had been spoiled before with tons of photos and little tidbits along the way.  Now that the process is coming to the end, things have come to a waiting, stand-still it seems.  Mike calls me during the day and often when he comes home, asks if there is ANY new news....   We got so used to having something happen every day, whether it was an email, paperwork, appointments, a phone call.....it feels so strange to not have anything going on right now.
All these things are our only "connection" with him right now and I guess I am realizing that this made me feel like I was "doing something" for my son....and now, what can I do?  Just wait, and of course PRAY!
Now more than ever, he will be needing everyone's prayers!   With a  "mother's heart" I pray with so much yearning that God will protect him and give Him a peace and understanding of what is going on right now.  We pray that he has happy days and that God will prepare his heart for us as well as our hearts for him!
Which leads me to the title of this post....
These feelings and thoughts can consume your days if you let them....those of you that are or have adopted, know what I mean exactly!   I have to daily remind myself to appreciate and enjoy what I have in my life here and now....because the "here and now" truly is, very good!  God has blessed me with a very peaceful household.  There is predictability, comfort, happiness, love, security etc...  I realize that all of this could be turned upsidedown in a couple of months.  We are ready for, and excited to embark on whatever God has for our future, but we also need to remember that things will never be the same again.  So, while we wait and pray for our son all the way across the world, I will treasure each day that I have in the "here and now".
This is what was going on in my house right before, and while I was typing this post out.  All of the quietness and peace is such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment