Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Texas and Addis!

I woke up at 4:56 am Texas time this morning.....my body is telling me that it is 5:56 am.....this is normal wake up time for me in Pennsylvania.  I tried to go back to sleep, but too many things are swarming through my mind.  I am having such a great time with my family here in Texas!  My new nephew is ADORABLE and I can't get enough of him!  I am so thankful that we were able to take this trip.  My sister-in-law Marie is such an amazing Mommy and my little brother...well, I just can't believe that he is a Daddy now...and a good one at that.  When my brother Jon holds Samuel or talks to him, a calmness comes over him, he is just still and waiting to see what his daddy is going to say or do next...it is really sweet. 
  This has been a good time....we head home on Tuesday, which will be bittersweet.  I will be so sad to leave my family here, but I am excited to get back as we anticipate the weeks ahead. Yesterday morning, Mike was upstairs checking emails while Isaac and I were having breakfast with Miss Joanne, and he yelled down..."Becky and Isaac, come up here!!!"  I knew it must have had something to do with the adoption and our son, because of the excitement in his voice.  That indeed is what it was!  Apparantly we received an email late in the evening on Friday with photos of our son in Addis.  They moved him to the city already!  We were so shocked, because we didn't think that this would happen until after our court hearing had taken place.  We don't even have a court date yet.....
Anyway, the photos were fun....he was kicking a ball, doing a handstand, posing for the camera.....he looked so happy and so handsome!  I hope that all is well with him....this move has been something we have been worried about for him.  We have no idea if he has ever been in a car, or to the city....and they have now moved him away from the place where he has had consistency and friends and security for a little over a year now.  We are really hoping that this move means that our case is on the move and we will be traveling sooner than we thought!  Time will tell....
I think that I will send him another photo album and another letter....this may be something fun for him to recieve while he waits and wonders.
I feel like my little nephew now, as he is still and waits to hear what his daddy is going to say or do next.......Psalm 46:10 keeps going through my mind again...."Be still and know that I am God"  I am waiting with ears and eyes open wide to see what my heavenly father has in store for us next....Knowing that He is in control brings such a peace and contentment over my heart.


2 comments:

  1. wow!!! how exciting is that??? surprisingly exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we lived closer to each other. We loved having you here. Miss you and love you TONS!!

    ReplyDelete