Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My first post

I was up way too late last night trying to figure out how to get this blog set up....I think this is the reason I hesitated starting a blog in the first place. ha ha   I hope to get used to how all of this works and be able to post quickly.....It can't be that hard, SO many people have blogs and so many of them are done so well.  When you are putting your thoughts and ideas on display, you want to present everything accurately and attractively....I will get the hang of it soon I hope!
I sometimes get overwhelmed when I have so many ideas floating around in my head and so many things that I want to express.  I am so thankful that I serve a God that knows my heart!  I don't have to say it "just right" or make a impressive presentation to Him to get his attention.  I often will be in the middle of a scrambled up prayer and have to stop and tell Him, "God, you know my mind and  heart....".  Sometimes there aren't any words that can properly express what I am thinking or feeling.  This has happened more often in the last year as we have been going through this adoption process.  I feel as if my heart is going to burst with excitement, anxiety, love, anticipation, or gratitude.  I love the fact that He just knows....and that I know that He is with me through it all!

Well, along with journaling my thoughts, I want to add some fun stuff here and there that I want to keep record of or just share with all of you.  I will start today by showing you a couple of my favorite books that I have gotten, in hopes of learning as much as I can to make our son's transition to our family a smoother one. "Our First Amharic Words" is very basic but will be so useful when we are in Ethiopia...just to sit down with him and look at the pictures and learn from eachother how things are said in both of our languages.  The "Simple Amharic for Adoptive Families" has been great! !!! It comes with a cd and we are learning so much!  "Tsion's Life" is such a beautiful book.  The photos are wonderful, and it is so interesting to see the story of her every day life in Ethiopia.  I will be so interested to see what is familiar to our son and if there is anything about her life that he will say was the same for him.  I got the two books on http://www.amharickids.com/ and the cd and language book on http://www.amazon.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I like like idea of sharing the books--fun! Way to go!!!
    xo,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete