Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring is coming soon!

When I was little, if anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always answered, "a Mommy!"....About a year after Mike and I got married, I was so excited one morning to find out that my dream was beginning to unfold and that I was indeed going to be a mom.....shortly after this good news, the horrible events began to take place that made it evident that we were losing this sweet baby....it is such a helpless and gut wrenching feeling to experience this loss.  During the next year following this, I watched as friends got pregnant and watched their families growing while I just pleaded with the Lord for a child.  We now have an 8 year old son who is such a treasure to us and an absolute gift from God!  When he was around 2 years old we began praying that we would be able to have another child.  To make a long story short, we spent the next 3 years in and out of the doctor's offices, I was taking all different medications, getting different procedures done etc.. etc.. only to see that NEG. test each month.  My life was consumed with this and I couldn't understand why it seemed like everyone around me had so many children and some people even complained about having so many!  I finally came to a point in my life where I threw my hands up and surrendered it all to the Lord.....I had been praying and telling God that whatever His will was, I was ok with that, but I really wasn't, until this point.  I now truly had a peace about it and decided and knew that He loved me and knew the desires of my heart....God doesn't WANT us to be unhappy, so He MUST have a bigger and better plan for my life....I trusted Him and decided to just enjoy my wonderful son and husband and I was, for the first time in a long time, appreciating what God had given me, instead of wishing for more.  Don't get me wrong, the desire for more children was there, it just didn't consume me like before.  I even began to pray that if God had adoption in mind for us, that He would change Mike's heart.  I was so shocked, last May when indeed this is EXACTLY what God had in mind and what He indeed did!!  This is a whole other story that maybe I will post about another time, but I will just say, that the words coming out of my husband's mouth and the heart that he developed for adoption was an absolute work of God in his life!  It was amazing!  Now, almost one year later, we are waiting to hear when we will be traveling to pick up our son in Ethiopia!   We are told that it will definetely be this spring....this is why I posted this song.....all the words have so much depth and meaning to me because of what we have experienced and what we are about to experience.  Spring is Coming!!  It's almost here!!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! So glad you decided to join the blogging world :) I am anxious to add you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog looks great shpanky! Thanks for the encouraging words about the Spring. I'm excited by the fact that God has great things in store for our entire family!

    ReplyDelete