Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Trying to learn some Amharic


This is one of the books that I recommended on my first post.  I was reading over and practicing some of the words and phrases this morning, and I thought it might be fun to share a few on here that I have learned.
I love you so much!~ Beht-AHM ehn-wuh-dih-HAH-loh!

We are so happy to be your family!~ Yeh-GNAH beh-teh-SEHB ah-BAHL beh-meh-HOH-neh des bloh gnal!

Good job!~ Tih-ROO sih-RAH!

Let's play!~ Eh-NICH-ah-wuht!

Are you O.K.? ~ Teh-SHAH-lekh?

I hope that when we get there and I actually see my son face to face, I won't be too nervous or excited to even remember any of these things I have been practicing for months now!  ha ha

I am praying that this day brings an update on our adoption process!  I will post more later!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be with you to see the look on your little mans face when you tell him, for the first time, that his momma loves him so much....sigh...come on, Ethiopia!!! Court date!!!

    ReplyDelete