Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Friday, March 12, 2010

What a great day!

I am so happy to report that at the present time it seems as if Ethiopia has changed the deadline for the new ruling to take affect.  As always, things can change, but for right now it is April 9th.  We are hoping that our paperwork is submitted to the courts before this date!  I had a wonderful conversation with our dossier case manager today....he made me feel so much better and cleared many things up that I had questions about.  It was a much needed contact and conversation that left me feeling "satisfied" (for the moment..ha ha) in these days of "waiting".  I was warned, but didn't realize how hard all of this waiting would actually be.  You just feel like you want to hear something, anything, each week.  You are so busy doing paperwork and getting through all the appointments in the beginning, and then when you have it all done you just wait.  It takes some adjustment !
I also had a great evening ! My sister-in-law Christine (Mike's sister) had a small get-together tonight in honor of  "H's" soon homecoming!  I was once again overwhelmed with the love that was shown to us and to our son.  I am so thankful for such amazing family and friends that are truly sharing in the joy with us!  I wish that I could post all the pictures, but "H's" photo is in most of the pictures,(we had them sitting around for everyone to see) and until we pass court, we aren't allowed to make his name or photo "public".  The day is coming soon, when he will officially be our son and I can share his handsome little face with all of you!  Thank you to my family and friends for such a wonderful night it was so much fun!  I love you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment