Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Monday, March 8, 2010

I have been so proud of this handsome little man lately!  The maturity he has displayed when talking about this adoption has amazed me.  He has never been a very "expressive" child, and even when asked to do so, he has struggled with it.  This is the complete opposite of me....I find myself feeling like I need to make sure the people in my life know how I feel and that they understand me.  It has been very challenging trying to figure out how to get him to open up sometimes.  It seems like lately, he has been so affectionate and is starting to express in detail his thoughts and feelings about many different things!  I am seeing with my own eyes his growth as an individual and even more exciting, his spiritual growth!  I find myself tearing up after I hear his prayers....I no longer have to prompt him about what we should pray about or when he should pray, he is developing a true and real relationship with God that is apart from me.....this is so exciting and I am so thankful that the Lord is allowing me to see little glimpses of this in Isaac's life.  It makes me think of Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.   Every day I pray that God will enable me to be the mom and the wife that He would have me to be to my boys.  I obviously can't do it on my own, only in Him and through Him does anything turn out "right".  With all the things that go "wrong" and all the mistakes I have made, Isaac seems to be growing and learning, and becoming such a wonderful young man.  My prayer is, that through this adoption and him gaining a brother, the Lord will use this life changing experience to strengthen Isaac's character and compassion for others. 
I love him so much and I am so thankful and proud that God gave me the job of being his mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment