Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Going to Ethiopia 2 times now?!!?



I won't go into great detail about the reasons why, but we just got word today, that Ethiopia has now made the new rule that adoptive parents must show up at court instead of someone representing us there.  This means that parents have to travel 2 times!  I know this is the standard procedure for many countries, but this is brand new for Ethiopia.  We heard rumors of this several weeks ago, and hoped and prayed that it would not be the case.....but as of today, they are saying that if our paperwork has not yet been submitted to the courts in Ethiopia than this rule will apply.  Of course I immediately got on the phone to try to touch base with our case worker to find out if by some chance ours had been submitted, and we just hadn't heard about it yet.  She sadly told me that ours hadn't been submitted and as it is right now, we WILL in fact have to travel twice. 
I have so many thoughts, concerns and questions swarming around in my mind and heart.  The money, the stress of traveling twice, leaving our son behind until we go back again, not being able to take Isaac the first time we go etc.. etc...
God does know all of this and He is absolutely in control....I know this, and I realize that in the end of it all we WILL have our son home with us and we will be a family....but I am praying for peace for all the stresses that this news has brought on.  Our case worker has assured me that we will know more tomorrow.  I am praying that the Ethiopian government will change their minds at least for the parents that are already as far as we are in the process.  Also, I am praying that all the parents that this affects, will continue with the process and not let this discourage them from continuing with the adoption.  This makes it harder to adopt and it already is so overwhelming finacially and emotionally.  
I can't remember where the verse is found at the moment, but it keeps going through my head the past few hours...."Be still and know that I am God".......
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet one. I am so sorry for this days' news. We all want H to come home soon - George asks us almost once a week. We will just keep on praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Traci, I am encouraged by your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 46:10...It is my favorite verse, Rebekah. Your faith and your love for God radiates...He will work out the details for you. Your life- your family are living proof. Fervently praying for you all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shannon...I am so thankful that you are in my life, and are such a great friend!
    Oh and thanks for the reference, I highlighted it in my bible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Becky, I'm praying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, sorry. . . You are in my thoughts and prayers. It will work out and you will be a family( united) soon!

    ReplyDelete