Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Recipe Resources!

One of my favorite things to do is to go to the library and get tons of magazines and cookbooks and make a menu of things from them that I am going to try out.  I was on a Rachael Ray kick for awhile, but I got bored with her stuff and now have some new favorites that I am really excited about!
My friend Shannon got me going on Tosca Reno's cookbooks...For me, they are excellent!  I LOVE all the tidbits and information, and that every recipe is so healthy!  If you are interested in cutting back on processed foods and trying to "eat cleaner" her books are a definete "must" to check out!  Isaac and I love to have muffins in the morning for breakfast, so I am always trying out new recipes for those.  I made the Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins the other day...my photo doesn't make them look quite as appetizing as the photo in her book, but I promise, they really are good.  Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup dry old fashioned oatmeal flakes (I used oats...I am
not sure if this is what flakes are, but that is what I did)
1 cup unsweetend applesauce (This has become a staple in
my house!!  Homemade applesauce is so easy, and can be
used to sweeten SO many things!!!Love it!)
1/2 cup skim milk, soy, or almond
2 egg whites, beaten
2tbsp  ground flaxseed
2tbsp +1tsp canola oil
1tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup raisins (I added chocolate chips instead of raisins!)
I absolutely LOVE this magazine, "Cook's Country"!  It is a "new find" for me! I love the photos, the little tips and the simplicity of the recipes.  After I try more of the recipes I will post a couple.
And one of my all-time favorites is Real Simple!
I would really feel like I missed out on something
good if I didn't have that magazine each month! 
Thanks to my mom, and now Erica for the subscription gifts!  











Lastly, I have to post what I think is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have tried so far.  I wanted to love the recipe that is in my Martha Stewart Cookies cookbook, but every time I made it, I was disappointed with the cookies, the texture and the taste.  I bought Ghirardelli chocolate chips one day and decided to use the recipe on the back of the bag.  I mixed half milk-chocolate and the other half bittersweet...I have also used the semi-sweet.  I have made them this way 3 times now and they have turned out just the way we love them each time!  Sorry Martha, your recipe WASN'T the best one this time! ha

1 comment:

  1. Can you please adopt me? I want to eat clean at YOUR house!
    xo

    ReplyDelete