Ephesians 6:13-17

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Is it just rumor or truth?

The latest "buzz" on the internet last night was that Ethiopia has changed their minds about how soon this new ruling will take effect.  We didn't hear from our case manager yesterday and we assumed that this meant that there were no changes.  We later found out that she was out of the office for the day, and now we are hoping that THIS is the reason why we did not hear anything yesterday.  We are hoping and praying that the rumors we read are true, and that things will continue as planned for our family. 
I was praying about all of this off and on all day yesterday....I mostly just prayed for peace for Mike and I .  I am not devastated with the fact of having to travel twice and I am not horribly worried that God will not provide the money to do so....well, at least this is what my brain is telling me.....my heart must not be quite "there" yet, because I still feel somewhat anxious....so I am praying for the peace that can't be obtained by our own efforts....only He can provide this. It is probably the "unknown" that is causing these feelings more than anything else, oh and my human nature and I guess my lack of faith....that is hard to admit, but it must be true....because if I had total faith, then I wouldn't be worried at all.  It reminds me of Peter walking across the water to meet Jesus and how he took his eyes off Him and looked at the storm around him, got scared and began to sink.  I get so frustrated when I realize that my human nature has kicked in and I start to "sink". 
This morning I was reading in Galatians 3 and reading Oswald Chamber's comments on this passage. He was talking about continuing to walk by faith even when God has removed all the "visual symbols" from our path.  We have had so many "visual symbols" throughout this adoption process.  God has shown us clearly over and over again that He is in the middle of this and has given us the gift of so many exciting tangible experiences.  It is so much easier to walk by sight but my desire is to truly, in all things, walk with him by faith!
Hopefully today will provide an answer to all our questions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment